Here are a few Pro D opportunities as well as teaching materials for staff teams, previously sent out in a consolidated place for Fall 2020 planning:
- Ripple Effect of Resilience. I have purchased 5 seats per school as well as for all ELT and Trustees for this year long learning opportunity beginning in Sept. Monique Gray Smith uncovers racism and trauma awareness in kind and honest ways: https://ripple-effect-of-resiliency-an-indigenous-perspective.teachery.co/landing-page-first-30
- Every Child Matters Orange Shirt Day- Sept 30— Gr 5-12 FREE T-shirts for early registration: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/every-child-matters-chaque-enfant-compte-tickets-107741056400?aff=eemailordconf&utm_campaign=order_confirm&utm_medium=email&ref=eemailordconf&utm_source=eventbrite&utm_term=viewevent
- SD64 Indigenous Resistance and Culture: NFB Blog reviews of 4 films… plus more: https://sd64.bc.ca/indigenous-resistance-and-culture/
- Equity Scan– Our district is involved in this ongoing project. School group involvement invited for in 2020-21 phase https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/administration/program-management/indigenous-education/equity-in-action
- Whose Land is it Anyways: Manual for Decolonization: FREE Downloadable (High School): https://fpse.ca/sites/default/files/news_files/Decolonization%20Handbook.pdf
- Real Injun movie attached (from Carol Arnold) plus teacher’s manual: http://www3.nfb.ca/sg/100671.pdf
- Chief Robert Joseph (who visited SSI last year) shares his residential school experience; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zuRQmwaREY&t=1s
- Project of Heart BCTF EBook https://bctf.ca/HiddenHistory/
- White Fragility – one option of many important reads~ perhaps add to your summer list? I have a copy if anyone wants to borrow it.
- Gladys We Never Knew: BCTF ebook- https://bctf.ca/GladysWeNeverKnew/
Huy ch q’u Silye’yu~ thank you friends and relatives for joining us on this learning journey together.
SD64 Indigenous Education