Middle Years Curriculum Coordinator
I started teaching as a TTOC in our district; I worked mainly at Pender school, where despite working with a crazy middle years class, I knew that teaching that age group was for me! Since then I have taught a Grade 6/7 class in Egypt, then various combined classes with grades 4-8 on Pender and Mayne Island. I got involved with our amazing District Pro-D Committee and have been the District Pro-D Rep for three years.
As curriculum coordinators, we:
- Provide support to teachers as they implement curriculum
- Provide support as teachers focus on personal and professional growth
- Assist in curriculum implementation
- Facilitate communication among teachers pertaining to practice, curriculum, assessment and growth projects
- Organize and update resources for teachers